LTA is looking for an Accounting Manager with 5+ years of experience working in full-cycle accounting (A/R, A/P, Payroll, GL & financial analysis & month-end closing). This position will work closely with our other internal departments & their respective programs/platforms to ensure all data and information is received and imported/entered into our accounting system correctly. Strong accounting knowledge is a must, along with ensuring dept data received is correct for billing purposes.
Primary Responsibilities will include :
- Sourcing/prepping/mapping of data from numerous department software systems; ensuring a high level of data integrity & accuracy before being either manually entered, imported, or migrated into Quickbooks Enterprise
- Minimal amount of A/P data entry for COGS and agency expenses
- Extensive A/R invoice creation. A primary service we provide our clients is aggregating all advertising costs across numerous vendors and billable staff onto a single monthly invoice for them.
- Assisting & reviewing P&L & B/S for month-end & annual closes
- Review financials and submit sales tax returns
- Reviewing final work of entire accounting team
- Perform journal entries for period-end close including allocations and accruals
- Reconcile various GL, Bank, & credit card accounts
- Process & receive deposits (as needed)
- Monitoring A/R collections and A/P payments remain timely
- Strong knowledge and experience working with treasury/working capital programs/platforms
- Amortization of prepaid expenses
- Understanding & prior work with Deferred Revenue & COGS
- Basic knowledge of fixed assets
- Understanding and knowledge of using Items in Quickbooks
Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Assisting Controller with HR tasks such as managing PTO requests, employee requests, medical benefits administration, and renewals, etc
- Monitoring credit card holders and their receipt management and expense reporting submissions
- Assisting Controller with the implementation of new projects that benefit the operations of the department itself and the company as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree, and CPA/CMA license a plus.
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on experience working in full-cycle accounting
- Minimum 5+ years in a similar role as either an Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, or Controller w/ supervisory experience.
- Knowledge & understanding of US GAAP
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to organize data efficiently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Software experience needed
- Quickbooks Enterprise
- Mavenlink Project Management (or similar)
- Excel (high level of data organization, filtering, and formula knowledge)
- Acrobat (not just Reader) preferred, but not required
- Google GSuite or similar workspaces
- Strata Media (now Freewheel) preferred, but not required
- Expensify or similar receipt mgmt program
LTA is currently fully remote and plans to return to the office in some capacity when safe to do so. Benefits for the position include enrollment in our group medical/dental/vision plans at very favorable rates, paid vacation starting at 2 weeks, with separate paid sick/personal leave.
Lee Tilford Agency has been in business for over 40 years, thanks in part to our team of experienced, smart, & passionate people. We value our clients, our people, our families, and our quality of life and make sure to balance all those.